Rich and creamy scrambled eggs for a crowd are completed with prosciutto and crumbly fresh goat cheese. They are easy enough for a busy morning and yet special enough for a family gathering or holiday morning.
What to serve for breakfast on a holiday morning? With the holidays fast approaching, I am thinking more of what to serve for breakfast than what treats we will have that day. Breakfast has to be quick, warm, delicious, and nourishing. The idea of preparing it ahead of time the night before is simply not as appealing. So, I am going back to basics!
Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd: The Easiest Breakfast Ever
These 5-minute scrambled eggs for a crowd, topped with prosciutto and goat cheese are a perfect choice for holiday mornings! They are creamy and holiday-worthy thanks to prosciutto and goat cheese. Another egg dish that would be wonderful on a special morning is this combination of frittata and omelet with bacon. You could serve both recipes on individual plates or dress it up a bit and serve it all on [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GGIXBJW” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”fosmmo-20″ cloak=”n”]a beautiful platter[/easyazon_link] for everyone to help themselves.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 large yolks
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 ounces prosciutto, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, yolks, milk, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes with a fork until combined.
- Over medium heat, melt the ghee in a large skillet and swirl to coat the skillet. Add the egg mixture and let cook for about 30 seconds until they start to set. Then use a silicone spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the skillet folding the eggs. Keep scraping the skillet and gently folding the eggs until cooked, about 2 minutes. The eggs should be soft and creamy, don’t overcook.
- Transfer equal portions among four plates. Top with goat cheese and prosciutto. Serve immediately.
Add 2 eggs + 1 yolk per person.
Add 1 ounce of both prosciutto and goat cheese per person.